Auditions for the 2017-2018 Season
The first round of Auditions for the 2017-18 season are in progress. A second round will be held for any remaining spots at the end of May. The Second Round audition date will be announced and added shortly.
How do I Sign Up and Schedule an Audition?
- Fill out an Audition Form. When completing the form, please provide the e-mail address you use most often for audition-related communications. After you submit the form, please print and keep your audition scheduling code.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable audition fee. You may pay your $30 non-refundable audition fee in one of two ways:
- Credit Card: PayPal will process your payment instantly and you will be able to immediately schedule your audition
- Check: Once it has been processed, you will be notified by E-mail to schedule your audition
Schedule your audition time here. Note that you must have completed an Audition Form first.
- Early March - audition times released
- April - auditions are held at MYAC Center
- Mid-May - audition results are distributed
If you choose a date and you need to change it for any reason, there is a $30 rescheduling fee. Entrance into all programs, except Reading Orchestra is based on the result of an audition. All auditions are taped and reviewed by a committee of ensemble directors as quickly as possible. Placement decisions are announced in May and after that, auditions are held only for open positions. We recommend that students apply for an audition as soon as possible.
Audition Requirements by Program
Audition requirements of each program are detailed in the links below; please seek guidance from your private teacher when preparing for the audition.