Tuition, Scholarships & Financial Aid
Tuition for 2016-2017
Tuition is charged to cover a portion of the actual cost of the program to MYAC. (Tuition covers only 57% of operating expenses.) Financial aid is offered to those families demonstrating need so that no student accepted into MYAC Programs is precluded from participation due to financial reasons. Tuition payments for 2016-17 are due August 26th, 2016.
Tuition listed below is for the whole academic year. Tuition for large ensembles is never prorated.
Please note that Chamber Music participation is required for all students in Concert and Symphony Orchestras. Chamber music tuition for any student will only be prorated if the student is not placed by MYAC for the entire year. Please note that Jazz Combo participation is required for all students in Big Band. Combo Music tuition for any student will only be prorated if the student is not placed by MYAC for the entire year.
There is a non-refundable $100.00 "Tuition Deposit" which is due for each ensemble when the Intent Form is turned in. This deposit is deducted from the yearly tuition invoice, or the last payment in the payment plan if families choose this option. Your student's spot in the program is not reserved until we receive the $100 deposit.
You may conveniently and securely pay your deposit and also pay tuition online.
Students participating in multiple large ensembles will receive a discount (20% for second ensemble; 40% for third ensemble).
If you would like to pay in installments, please click here for a payment plan form.
- Reading, Cadet, Concertino, Philharmonia: $829/year
- Concert: $1,561/year (includes 24 weeks of Classic Chamber Music coaching)
- Symphony: $1,595/year (includes 24 weeks of Classic Chamber Music coaching)
- Classic Chamber Music tuition for Symphony and Concert Orchestra members is included in the Orchestra costs above. For those in Philharmonia and Concertino who are selected to participate in a chamber music ensemble, additional tuition for Chamber Music is $732/year.
- Intensive Chamber Music supplement: additional $262/year (includes minimum of 30 weeks of Intensive Chamber Music coaching, priority participation in master classes, as well as priority in being selected for chamber music performances outside of MYAC)
- Classic: $1,060/year (This includes 24 scheduled coachings [24 hours of coaching total] and participation in Sunday Soirees and master classes.)
- Intensive: $1,322/year (This includes a mininum of 30 weeks of scheduled Intensive Chamber Music coaching, priority participation in master classes, as well as priority in being selected for chamber music performances outside of MYAC)
- Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Orchestra: $829/year
- Big Band with Jazz Combo: $1,595/year
- Jazz Workshop with Jazz Combo: $1,561/year
- Jazz Combos (when enrolled in a large ensemble): $732/year (discounted)
- Jazz Combo ONLY (not enrolled in a large ensemble): $1,060
- Mini and Mighty Maestros: $400/semester or $750/year
- Voices Rising: $982/year
- VX Ensemble $750/year
- VocalPoint: $750/year
*note: Extra costs may include ensemble attire and incidentals.
- Free. Tuition is included in the cost of the programs above, or the cost is $365/year for students taking Theory Class only.
- The Music & Movement Center at MYAC: $120/8-week session
The Summer Semester is optional.
MYA Conservatory makes every attempt to ensure that no one is excluded from participation in MYAC Programs for financial reasons. To this end, need-based financial aid is available, and families are encouraged to apply. It is board policy that a family's financial situation should not preclude any student accepted into MYAC programs from participating.
Financial Aid Application
Need-based financial aid applications for the 2016-17 year are due on or before August 1, 2016. We request that you mail in the Financial Aid Form for your protection and privacy. Please call the office if you have any questions concerning the application process, or if need arises during the Academic year. Available financial assistance is reduced 10% each month after August unless a special circumstance occurs.
If paying your tuition invoice in installments would be helpful, please click here for a payment plan form. If you have questions about financial aid or payment plans call or contact Marguerite Oines.
Work-Study Positions & Application
Each year we have openings for students to help with specific tasks. This is not need-based assistance, but a job for a mature, responsible MYAC student who wants to contribute to the organization at a high level of performance and with a good work ethic. We expect the students we select for these positions to be good role models for the entire MYA student body. Students must be the required minimum age of 16 to be considered for work-study. If you wish to be considered for a work/study position, please submit an on-line Work-Study Application.