Chicago Vocal Bootcamp
June 12 - June 16, 2017
Midwest Young Artists Conservatory is excited to introduce the expanded Chicago Vocal Bootcamp, designed for students 5th grade through 12th grade (entering Fall 2017) who enjoy singing. Students will be grouped by age and experience. Come join us to improve your skills with top notch professionals and become a better, more knowledgeable soloist and choir member.
This ultimate boot camp for singers includes:
* Private/semi-private voice lessons. Students will work on their chosen solo(s) from the classical and musical theater genres.
* One-on-one work with experienced Music Educators and Voice Teachers.
* Master Classes in breathing, vocal technique, basic theory, solo singing, repertoire from the musical theater and classical genres, song interpretation and performance, movement for singers.
* Develop a resume and have a head shot taken!
* Take part in a recording session in a professional studio.
* Choral rehearsals.
The week-long bootcamp culminates in a live performance featuring each student in solo moments as well as group numbers.
The Chicago Vocal Bootcamp takes place at the historic MYAC Center in Fort Sheridan at 878 Lyster Road, Highwood, IL. Students attend daily warm-up sessions, coachings, solo rehearsals, and ensemble rehearsals and performances led by established faculty members.
Sample Daily Schedule
9:00 - 9:15 a.m.: Group Warm-up
9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.: Choral Rehearsal
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.: Small Group Rehearsal and Private Lessons
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon: Master Class for all students (Performance Techniques, Breathing, Music Theory, Movement for Singers, Resume Development, and more!)
12:00 - 12:30 p.m. Lunch (bring a sack lunch)
12:30 - 1:30 Small Group Rehearsal and Private Lessons
1:30 - 2:00 p.m. Master Class for all students
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. Choral Rehearsal
Important 2017 Dates
Friday, June 16, 2:00 p.m., MYA Conservatory Center: Final Performance
Mrs. Stevi Marks
MYAC’s Chicago Vocal Bootcamp is open to students in grades 5 through 12. Students will be grouped by age and experience.
Chicago Vocal Bootcamp: $440
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Click here to apply for Financial Aid for the Chicago Jazz Workshop. We ask that the Financial Aid Application be received at the same time as the Secure Online Application.
Tuition is due in full by June 1, 2017. Tuition payments can be made here.
All summer deposits are non-refundable. Tuition payments are non-refundable unless a detailed medical Doctor’s note is submitted at least two weeks before the beginning of the workshop or camp; absolutely no refunds are issued after two weeks before the beginning of the camp.
Students wishing to attend the Chicago Jazz Workshop must:
- Complete and submit the Secure Online Application found here.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable application fee here (applicable to tuition upon enrollment)
No audition is required. Applications will be accepted until all positions have been filled. The suggested deadline for all materials is May 1, 2017.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Alyssa Allgood at (847) 926-9898 or firstname.lastname@example.org.