MYA has two ways to help you find a private teacher!
1. Private Lesson Interviews
MYA is committed to matching music students in the Chicagoland area to professional, experienced, and reputable private teachers. If you are looking for a new teacher and are not sure where to start searching, MYA can help you.
Any student and their family can come to the MYA Center and participate in a comprehensive interview for just $30 that will be reviewed by MYA's music directors. During the interview, students can play repertoire they have been working on and discuss ideal location for lessons, personalities, experience, dedication to practicing, family budget and availability. Within 2 weeks of the interview, MYA will personally match each student with a private teacher.
How do I Sign Up and Schedule an Interview?
- Fill out an Interview Form. When completing the form, please provide the e-mail address you use most often for interview-related communications.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable interview fee. You may pay your $30 non-refundable audition fee in one of two ways:
- Credit Card: PayPal will process your payment instantly.
- Check: You may bring a check with you on the day of the interview.
Email KarenDennis@mya.org to sign up for an interview time (requires completed Interview Form).
For more information or to schedule an interview, contact Karen Dennis at (847) 926-9898 ext. 304.
MYA also maintains a website, www.privatemusicteaching.org,to help facilitate the process of finding the right teacher for each child. Teachers use this website to post their background information, training, teaching philosophy, and lesson information. You can search for a teacher near you by simply entering a zip code and instrument.